HP is one of the leading manufacturers of the printers who also produce various models of desktops along with laptops. Though this brand is well known for the printers, still it develops desktops also with high quality and latest technology. This makes HP as number one brand even in the world of desktop and laptop. They are providing excellent hp technical support team that is polite and professional with great help in solving the queries. HP brand is at helping hand by providing assistance 24 x7 for its users with a simple call on hp technical support number (+1-844-585-4521). It also facilitates it users with hp technical support chat, to solve the issues in online only in few seconds.
HP computers also sometimes give errors which can be easily solved using troubleshooting steps. There are many small errors one among them that can be encountered while using is HP hard disk error even before the computer starts. In general this issue can be due to sectors, data or physical disks present on the hard drive gives trouble at times. So, one of the most important thing on any devices is to make the data backup of all the required files. In order to resolve this issue it is necessary to perform hard drive diagnostic test, where the condition of hard drive will be tested.
Process of fixing HP Hard Disk Error
In order to fix the problem, hard drive diagnostic test is performed at first. Here are the steps to perform the test:
- In the first step hard drive diagnostic tests as to be performed in correct way.
- The next step is to hold the device power button for at least 5 seconds.
- Now it is required to turn on the computer.
- Then press the ESC button continuously for every second until the menu appears and now press F2 from keyboard.
- When the HP Hardware Diagnostics opens, in the main menu check for “Component Tests” icon and just tap on it.
- Now in this click on “Hard Drive” icon and the Hard Drive test is performed.
- When “Quick Test” appears just tap on it and then on “Run Once” icon.
- So that the “Hard Drive Quick Test” is started and click on “Test All Hard Drives” button to select the one on which user is working.
- As the test is completed it will be displayed on the computer screen and according to the hp technical support team, hard drive has passed the Quick Test.
- The next step is to run Extensive test that includes “SMART Check, Short DST, Optimised DST along with the Long DST” icon.
- Next is to run them by selecting these options from the Hard Drive Tests Menu.
The above steps are to be performed in order to fix the Hard Disk Error even before the computer starts. In case if still the issue persists call hp technical support who provide assistance 24 x 7. They provide effective solutions to the problems encountered who are available on hp technical support number (+1-844-585-4521), to resolve issue.