Hard disk error 301 can occur with any of the HP printers. You might be using the Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and the Windows 8 operating system but there are still chances of this error to occur. You mostly receive this error message at a time when you turn on your laptop or turn on the computer.
This Error May Be Caused Due To Two Reasons:
- If the smart hard disk check fails
- In case the SATA/IDE controller that is there in the motherboard breaks.
However, whatever might be the cause of the error message in case such a message occurs, you need to call the HP technical support number and they will help you with it. Another thing that you can do is to follow a few troubleshooting steps and try resolving the issue by yourself.
In order to know about the troubleshooting steps a little more you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First you need to remove the Hard disk and then reconnect it.
- Then you have to start the Windows system and then keep pressing F10 key and doing so will help you enter the BIOS
- Then you have to choose an option that says “Run a test on the Hard drive”. This option would be found either under the diagnostics or advanced.
- Then you have to wait till the test gets completed.
In case the above steps do not resolve the issue then you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- It is first necessary for you to go to the System Recovery Options
- Then you have to run chkdsk/f/r
- Then you have to select the command prompt option in order to start off with the disk repair
- Then you need to install the Windows installation disc and then restart the system again.
- After these steps you need to click on the Start button and then click on the arrow that is there just beside the Lock button.
- Then you have to click on Language settings and then select the Next option
- After this click on the Repair option and then select the operating system.
- Then under command prompt click on the system recovery option and then select the Command prompt there.
- Then type chkdsk and then press the Enter option
- System will restart and then verify the disk and press Y
- Close all applications and the restart the system all over again
In most cases it has been observed that the above steps resolve the issues. However if it does not then contacting the HP technical support number (+1-844-585-4521) will certainly be a very good option.
If you call the HP technical support phone number then you will get a lot of help from the technicians. They will follow simple troubleshooting steps and help in resolving the issue. If you call HP technical support phone number then you will get in touch with some of the best technicians who have a lot of knowledge about the HP laptops and the HP computers.